- September 14, 2020 - September 15, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
NEW DATES (Postponed from MAY 4 & 5 2020).
NOTE: Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, this course will be held virtually, LIVE on ZOOM. Course content will remain the same, as will the interactive format; some live demonstrations will replace role-plays.
This two-day course offers a practical, hands-on approach to learning basic cognitive behavioural therapy skills, including thought records, the five-part model, agendas and basic elements of Socratic dialogue. These techniques are applicable to the treatment of depression, anxiety and other mental disorders, including psychosis. The course emphasizes collaborative techniques, including interactive writing, balancing structure and bond, and goal setting. Join us to acquire some useful skills in a no-fault environment.
Course Format and Schedule:
The course format is highly interactive, and includes examples and video demonstrations, small group role-plays and large and small group discussion, all in a no-fault environment.
Schedule (both days):
|8:50||Zoom set-up and waiting room|
|9:00 – 12:00||Morning session (break at 10:30)|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch break (on your own)|
|1:00 – 4:00||Afternoon session (break at 2:30)|
Comments from Previous Attendees:
- The presenter was knowledgeable and caring – poised and eloquent, dynamic
- I wanted a fundamentals course and this was perfect!
- Clear and concise
- Very informative
- Beautifully presented with interest and enthusiasm
- Great learning experience
- So worthwhile!
- Strong, interesting presenter with a great deal of knowledge and skill
Who Should Attend:
- Mental health professionals, including psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, occupational therapists, psychiatrists and family physicians, or graduate students / medical residents with clinical experience and good basic therapeutic skill.
- Clinicians who have an interest in using basic cognitive behavioural therapy techniques in a clinical setting.
- Previous experience with cognitive therapy is not necessary. Participants with CBT knowledge may find this practical approach helpful.
The course will be held virtually, live on Zoom.
Zoom System requirements
• Internet connection: broadband wired or wireless; (2.0 Mbps up and down recommended for good quality video)
• Speaker and microphone (built-in, USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth)
• Built-in or USB plug-in Webcam
• Windows 7 or higher; Mac OS X with macOS 10.9 or later
Note to Participants: Please note that previous courses have filled up quickly, and that registration is limited to ensure interactive learning.
Course registration limit 36 people; if full, contact me to be on the waiting list
Cancellation policy: If you cannot attend you may send someone else in your place. Please notify us of the name of the person attending. If you cancel 2 weeks or more before the course you will receive a refund minus a $50 administration fee. If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the course date there will be no refund